2019 Epik Carbon 500W (700W Peak) 48V 11Ah Sports Edition by E-Joe.
A futuristic and stunning style, foldable frame with Magnesium Wheels, and 500 Watt Bafang Motor! This new model looks great and functions beautifully thanks to the latest technological advances!
The E-Joe Epik Carbon is a feature-rich mid-price folder, and one of EBR’s favorites (see video review below). It is really well-balanced with the battery built into the rectangular toptube/downtube.
The 20” x 2.15” alloy wheels are puncture resistant and will give you both comfort and maneuverability, and a little extra advantage with the rear hub motor. The front and rear disc brakes deliver excellent stopping power, and include an electronic cutoff (to cut power to the motor when braking).
The 500-watt geared rear hub motor is a little bit lighter and more torquey than if it were gearless, and it does free wheel so there will not be any drag if you coast along. The rear location of the motor also provides a little extra traction, and provides a nice balance with the weight of the battery.
As summed up by Electric Bike Review (EBR), the e-Joe Epik Carbon is an affordable folding electric bike which offers a great combination of utility at a low price point; with its relatively powerful geared motor, combined with an impressive battery capacity for good climbing and range, this is one of the best folding ebikes on the market.
E-Joe Epik Carbon Cruiser Folding Electric Bike Features:
- Strong and responsive with a 48V 10Ah LG Cells Lithium-Ion.
- Achieves an excellent 55-mile range per charge. (depends on weight of the rider and the terrain)
- This bike can effortlessly climb hills and is a blast to ride around town.
- The Epik Carbon comes equipped with a 48V battery that sends power to a 500W brushless motor.
- This power output is paired with a with a 7-speed transmission for maximum efficiency.
- This bike is compact and lightweight; the perfect fit for someone who needs to store or transport the bike regularly.
- An aluminum alloy frame ensures the bike is rust resistant and will last for years to come.
- LED Display mounted to the handlebars will show the rider an On/OFF Power, Battery Level, Pedal Assist Level, and Throttle/PAS Mode Switch.
E-Joe Epik Carbon Cruiser Electric Bike Specifications:
- Motor: 500W Rated with 750W Peak Rear Brushless geared hub motor
- Battery: 48V 11Ah LG Cells Lithium-Ion
- Range: up to 40 miles (depending on terrains and rider’s weight)
- Recharging Time: about 4 hours (at low battery)
- LCD Display: On/OFF Power, Battery Level, Pedal Assist Level, Throttle/PAS Mode Switch
- Electric Assist Modes: 5 Level Pedal Assist, Thumb Throttle Control
- Frame: Aluminum alloy Frame Foldable Design
- Tires: 20” x 2.25” Kenda Puncture-Resistant Street Tire
- Seat: Velo Seat With Pressure Reduction and Enhanced Shock Absorption
- Brakes: Front/Rear: Zoom 160 mm Disc Brake
- Transmission: 7-speed Shimano Tourney TX-55
- Gross Weight (In box) : 60 LBS
- Net Weight (Only Bike): 55 LBS
- Battery Weight: 7 LBS
- Box dimension: 35 x 18 x 27 inches
- Load Capacity: 300 LBS
- Colors: Black Matte
- Dimensions when Folded: 38 x 29 x 20 inches
- Free Shipping and No Sales Tax