2018 Epik 500W (700W Peak) 48V 10.4Ah Sports Edition (SE) Electric Bicycle by E-Joe. Free Professional Bike Assembly at Your Local Bike Shop!*
The Epik Sports Edition (SE) does not disappoint. It is the perfect marriage of power and portability in an electric bicycle. This ebike is quite popular for its its amazing looks, its functionality, and just as important, its excellent value. This quality ebike comes with components typically found on ebikes priced well over $2,500.
The Epik SE is a feature-rich mid-price folder, and one of EBR’s favorites (see video review below). It is really well-balanced with the battery built into the rectangular toptube/downtube. While it is relatively affordable, it still has a lot of features that will impress, including front and rear fenders, a seat handle, suspension fork up front, and a raised rear rack for storage of small items with side bars that allow pannier attachment.
*Your gifts will be included automatically in your order. Review the terms of the Free Pro Bike Assembly by Clicking Here: Free Pro Assembly Info. Not valid during special sales or with any other offers.
The 20” x 1.75” wheels are puncture resistant and will give you both comfort and maneuverability, and a little extra advantage with the rear hub motor. The front and rear disc brakes deliver excellent stopping power, and include an electronic cutoff (to cut power to the motor when braking).
The 500-watt geared rear hub motor is a little bit lighter and more torquey than if it were gearless, and it does free wheel so there will not be any drag if you coast along. The rear location of the motor also provides a little extra traction, and provides a nice balance with the weight of the battery.
As summed up by Electric Bike Review (EBR), the e-Joe Epik SE is an affordable folding electric bike which offers a great combination of utility (fenders, rack, lights, suspension fork) at a low price point; with its relatively powerful geared motor, combined with an impressive battery capacity for good climbing and range, this is one of the best folding ebikes on the market.
- Comes in 4 colors - Sky Blue, Matte Black, and Frosty White and Tangerine.
- Strong and responsive with a 48V 10.4Ah LG Cells Lithium-Ion.
- Achieves an excellent 55-mile range per charge. (depends on weight of the rider and the terrain)
- This bike can effortlessly climb hills and is a blast to ride around town.
- The Epik SE comes equipped with a 48V battery that sends power to a 500W brushless motor.
- This power output is paired with a with a 7-speed transmission for maximum efficiency.
- This bike is compact and lightweight; the perfect fit for someone who needs to store or transport the bike regularly.
- An aluminum frame ensures the bike is rust resistant and will last for years to come.
- LED Display mounted to the handlebars will show the rider an On/OFF Power, Battery Level, Pedal Assist Level, and Throttle/PAS Mode Switch.
- The front crank was updated for 2016 and has been fitted to the 2017 models, making the bike able to keep up with more demanding rider output.
- Motor: 500W Rated with 700W Peak Rear Brushless geared hub motor
- Battery: 48V 10.4Ah LG Cells Lithium-Ion
- Range: up to 30 miles (depending on terrains and rider’s weight)
- Recharging Time: about 4 hours (at low battery)
- LED Display: On/OFF Power, Battery Level, Pedal Assist Level, Throttle/PAS Mode Switch
- Electric Assist Modes: 3 Level Pedal Assist, Thumb Throttle Control
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum Alloy Frame Foldable Design
- Tires: 20” x 1.75” Kenda Puncture-Resistant Street Tire
- Seat: Selle Royal Hertz Trekking Saddle
- Brakes: Front/Rear: Zoom 160 mm Disc Brake
- Transmission: 7-speed Shimano Tourney TX-55
- Accessories: Front/Rear Fenders, Rear Rack, Magnet Clip, Front/Rear Lights
- Gross Weight (In box) : 60 LBS
- Net Weight (Only Bike): 50 LBS
- Battery Weight: 7 LBS
- Box dimension: 35 x 18 x 27 inches
- Load Capacity: 300 LBS
- Colors: Frosty White, Black Matte, Tangerine and Sky Blue
- Dimensions when Folded: 35 x 24 x 17 inches