2019 Koda Cruiser Electric Bicycle with with PAS Thumb Throttle by E-Joe.
With many of the top features on the high-end electric bicycles, the all new 2019 E-Joe Koda brings together the best in class sport performance. E-Joe calls this electric bicycle the sport class commuter because it combines their exclusive torque-sensor technology with an 8 speed Shimano Acera Derailleur harnessing a 500 watt high performance geared rear hub motor.
The Koda gives you the style and performance of a sport model with the practicality of an all-purpose, all-terrain commuter bike.
Considering the reasonableness of the price, the E-Joe Koda has an impressive level of power and an excellent set of features. The 6061 Aluminum-alloy Diamond Shape frame is lightweight, weighing just 43 lbs (which can be reduced by another 6 lbs when the battery pack is removed, making transporting the E-Joe Koda a little easer). The weight this electric bike does carry is very nicely distributed throughout the frame, resulting in an e-bike that feels weel balanced and stable when you are cruising around town on it.
E-Joe calls the Koda electric cruiser a “sport class commuter” due to its 8-speed Shimano ACERA derailleur and exclusive torque-sensor technology. This is connected to a 500W rated (with 750W peak) rear brushless geared hub motor that delivers high performance. The E-Joe Koda is also equipped with a class 2 thumb control and 5 levels of pedal assist (PAS), allowing you to ride exclusively powered by the electric engine, solely via pedal propulsion or with a comfortable mix of the 2 which makes tackling long distance trips, headwinds and the occasional hill much easier on your legs!
The battery pack for the Koda electric cruiser bike is partially integrated into the downtube, which keeps things well balanced and low key. The 48 volt, 18AH lithium-ion battery with LG 18650 cells is ideal for providing long lasting power, typically offering a range of 25 miles per charge if riders are only using throttle power (and closer to 45 miles if pedaling in conjunction with the lowest level of pedal assist).
The battery has a quick charging time of just 4-6 hours (at low battery) and the battery pack itself is removable for ease of charging and safe storage inside (recommended during extreme temperatures in order to prolong battery life). The battery pack also has a USB port (covered by a rubber shield to protect the internal structure from debris or water) that can be used to charge compatible devices.
Why BUY This Koda Electric Bicycle?
- Achieve distances of 50 miles on a single charge.
- 5 level pedal assist- from low pedal assist to high full-on pedal assist.
- Holds a body weight of 350 lbs- reliable and sturdy enough.
- Lightweight- at only 52 pounds.
E-Joe Koda Cruiser Electric Bike Specifications:
- Motor: 500W Rated with 800W Peak Rear Brushless Geared Hubbed Motor
- Climbing Grade ≤ 10%
- Battery: 48V 18Ah LG 18650-Cells Lithium Ion
- Range: up to 50 miles (depending on terrains and rider’s weight)
- Recharging Time: about 4-6 hours (at low battery)
- Electric Assist Modes: Pedal Assist System Side Thumb Throttle Control & 5 Level Pedal Assist
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum Alloy (Diamond Shape Design)
- Tires: 700c x 1.75” Kenda Road Tire
- Seat: Selle Royal Comfort Saddle
- Brakes: Front/Rear: ZOOM Hydraulic Disc Brakes with 180 mm Disc
- Transmission: 7-speed Shimano Tourney TX-55
Frame is a medium size (17 inches).
From the seat (lowest position) to the ground - 33 inchesFrom the seat (lowest position) to the pedal in its lowest position - 28 inches.From the seat (highest position) to the ground - 38 inchesFrom the seat (highest position) to the pedal in its lowest position - 33 inches.
- Accessories: Fenders, Rear Rack, and Front and Rear Lights ALL INCLUDED
- Weight: 54 LBS
- Dimension: 72” x 26” x 41” (full assembly)
- Load Capacity: 350 LBS
- LCD Display Battery Level, Pedal Assist Level, Speedometer
- Gearing 8-speed Shimano Acera Derailleur
- Free Shipping and No Sales Tax